1. The Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) website is provided as a public service by the Joint Knowledge Development and Distribution Capability and the Department of the Defense.
2. Information presented on the JKO website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo and image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information may be collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system may employ software programs to create summary statistics for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest to the public, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. User-supplied information provided for the purpose of requesting information is destroyed by Joint Knowledge and Development and Distribution Capability following the transaction of information to the requester.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please contact our help desk.
For additional information about JKO, and policies relating to this publicly accessible web site you may also write to:
Joint Knowledge Development and Distribution Capability
116 Lake View Parkway